Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday, November 13th- The Macabre Arts

David Olere
Death is drawling closer to me and the bodies that surround me.
We attempt to eat the sun as that is the only source of nutrition we can find.
All of us huddle together trying desperately not to die here.
We feel the sweat off each others' bodies and taste the gas sinking into our skin.
All around me people begin to drop the ground choking.
I claw at the walls attempting to find a way out of this God forsaken building.
I hear children screaming and their mother's weeping as each baby takes it's last breath of poison before it turns limp.
All around me in this empty void I feel boys and girls falling and smacking the ground, not old enough to know what is happening to them.
I see smoke begin to pour into the vents and I see a door open.
I fall to the ground when I try to run towards it thinking I could escape.
I see an orange substance rushing towards me and I believe it is daylight.
I start gagging some more and feel my brain fog up as a searing pain engulfs my entire body.
I feel my mouth shape the words "God bless my soul. Please let me enter." before everything goes black.
I lay lifeless on the ground, my soul staring at my dead body beginning to shrivel in the fire and I know my time is done and the pain is gone.

1 comment:

  1. This was good but also made me kinda sad and a lil sick reading it. But hey this is macabre unit, so...yaay? :P

    Good Job

    ReplyDelete