Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tuesday, December 2nd - Top Secret

On a cold, snowy winter day I wrap myself up in layers of blankets.
You turn on the shower as I begin to fall asleep.
I am startled out of my dreary state when I hear you talking.
"ISIS took the White House over. We have to act as quickly as possible. No reporters can know that the president has been killed. We have to find a way to drive them out before they do something devastating."
I sit in fear as you walk out of the bathroom.
You realize I overheard everything.
You rush to me and tell me, as I shake, that everything will be fine.
I cry and ask how long this has been happening.
You tell me that I've already heard enough and need to stay in the house today.
You squeeze me tight then rush out the door trying to think of ways to save the world.
I roll myself back up in the covers and pray for God to save our country.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the descriptiveness. I really like the "Layers of Blankets"
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Nice tie in with actual current crisis - ISIS.

    ReplyDelete