Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday, August 26th- Concert


I'm finally here at Monumentour with my two best friends, Kendall and Sydney. We've been waiting for months to sit outside in this sticky weather and hear our three favorite bands perform! First up is New Politics! They are opening and show so much potential to headline a tour in the future! I absolutely love the energy they give even though most of the people here don't know them. After their thirty minutes are up we wait patiently for another hour half.

The time has come for Paramore to perform! As they open with Still Into You everyone is on their feet singing and dancing. The next hour is absolutely amazing and by their closing song Ain't It Fun no one can handle the excitement. Everyone here knows their voices will be gone tomorrow and their closes sticky with sweat, but it is completely worth it.

Thirty minutes later will start the best hour of your life. Fall Out Boy takes the stage and there is silence among the crowded, outdoor stadium. You can hear the first beats to "Young Volcanoes" and prepare to scream, "When Rome's in ruins we are the lions free of the coliseum.". From Save Rock And Roll to a throwback of We Are The Champions you sing at the top of your lungs and dance until your legs burn just like everyone else. Even with people passed out drunk around you and the smell of cigarettes wafting the crowd you can't help, but say that this is the best day of your entire life.

The four hour drive to North Carolina and the four hour drive back the next day were completely worth seeing our favorite bands. Considering this was an early birthday present, I couldn't be more thankful to have celebrated my sixteenth birthday with the two girls who are my best friends. I know my mom hated sitting through a four hour concert with no bands she liked, but I am so glad she brought me and can never repay her for putting up with three high school girls for two days. Ending my summer with Monumentour was truly monumental.

1 comment:

  1. Give that mom some credit lol. anyway you described it so passionately and for me that's what made this post stand out among your others. Fall out boy is great tho.

    ReplyDelete