Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday, August 20th- Alter Ego

Our dearest Wendy Darling. We all remember her as the girl who stepped out onto that rooftop and took Peter's hand to fly away. Little did we know that our Darling dearest was not a darling at all.

I had the pleasure of viewing Wendy's dairy just the other day and I'm afraid to tell you she was a horrid little girl. While her looks were unquestionable her personality was quite a shame. One entry of this diary said,
          "Dear Diary, Today I played a prank on my teacher at school. On the way to school I stopped by the creek and picked up eight large, slimy, stinky slugs. When I arrived at school I placed the slugs in my teacher's bag and went to talk to my boyfriend #1, James. After the teacher found the slugs I exclaimed "Oh John! (Boyfriend #2) Why would you do such a thing! Let's just say John is no longer boyfriend #2 or at our little school!"

It is incredible how awful one sweet, innocent looking child can be! But wait! There's more!

Is our Wendy Darling really that innocent? Not at all! You might think oh she only has two boyfriends, but neigh neigh my friends! After reading her diary she had 12 different boyfriends all at once! (Two of them considerably older than her!) All of these "boyfriends" loved to spoil Wendy with pearls and diamonds and her favorite chocolate, but her 18 year old boyfriend got her something entirely different! He got Wendy a tattoo. On Wendy's right rib cage she has a tattoo that says "I will soon be in Neverland." And in Neverland she will be.

It is a tragedy of how she met Peter for the second time after barely escaping the grasps of Captain Hook the first go around! Wendy Darling is at fault for her return to Neverland because she decided to go cliff jumping. (May we add that she was with boyfriend #8 at the time and he was 21.) When said boyfriend and our dearest Darling were found washed up on shore their heads and backs were covered in bruises and their bodies reeked of the awful 21 year old smell. The Darling family was so sad to lose their precious Wendy, but they all agreed that she set herself up so she could live with the adventurous Peter Pan for the rest of her life.

Some may say reading a private diary is a terrible thing to do, but I must say I was just looking to see if she had written anything about her first go around in Neverland! Unfortunately, I found the complete opposite: her path of life that would lead her back to Neverland and the amazing Peter Pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment