Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6th- Persona Poem


Hello, my name is Marilyn Monroe.
I live a life that should be so happy, but I'm afraid it's not.
I have countless lovers, but no one to truly love me.
I've been made into a sexual icon and that's not what I wanted!
I just wanted to be a star.
I wish I could just sing and dance and act without someone telling me to be seductive.
I'm afraid my life has completely fallen to pieces.
Technically my life has always been in shambles.
I have to think that life would be easier if I weren't so famous.
People might want me for me and not my fame.
It is scary to think that I would be content with death at my age.
With death I wouldn't be lonely or sad.
I would no longer have anxiety attacks and panic before performing.
Maybe it's time I saw what the lights are and gave someone else a chance to shine.
Goodbye my darlings. I will see you soon.

A little history of our darling Marilyn.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I absolutely love how you wrote this! It is amazing! I honestly can't think of anything constructive to write about this. But amazing job!

    ReplyDelete